- Skin Cancer surgery
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- Sebaceous cyst removal
- Ingrown toe nail resection
- Incision & drainage of abscess
- Excision biopsy
- Punch biopsy
- Shape biopsy
- Sebaceous cyst removal
- Did you know That
- Skin cancer is the most common cancer in Australia.
- Queensland has the highest rate of skin cancer in the world.
- Two out of three Australians will develop skin cancer by the age of 70.
- Melanoma is the most common cancer in young Australians.
- Melanoma can spread rapidly and can be life threatening, if left untreated.
- Most skin cancers, if detected early, can be successfully treated and cured.
Remember the sunburn; courtesy of LEO Pharma; knowyourownskin.com.au
Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer in Australia, with more than 12,000 people being diagnosed with melanoma in Australia in 20121. Medicare records also show that more than 750,000 non-melanoma skin cancers are treated each year.
Australians should protect their skin every day from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays and importantly, they should also check their skin for early signs of skin cancer.
Patients can now simply look for the bold purple and orange tick symbol and know that their Doctor has proven skills and knowledge in the diagnosis and management of skin cancer.
Checking your skin for early signs of skin cancer is vitat, the earlier skin cancers are treated, the greater the chance for a successful outcome.
We stress the importance of people getting to know their skin and looking for spots which were sore, changing, abnormal or new and having them checked straight away..
In our climate, people also need to protect their skin everyday by seeking shade, covering up with sun protective clothing, wearing a hat, sunglasses and an SPF 30+ or higher sunscreen”
Our focus is early diagnosis and treatment of skin cancers.We provide following services at our skin cancer clinic:,
- performing various skin biopsies,
- skin surgery,
Ph 3841 8099
No referral letters needed
Our Skin Cancer Clinic is devoted exclusively to skin cancer. We offer the most comprehensive approach to the prevention, detection, and treatment of skin cancer, utilizing the most technologically advanced diagnostic tools to aid in early diagnosis, and in a family friendly environment.
We at SKIN CANCER CENTRE will:
- care for you with the kindness, compassion, and respect you deserve
- utilize the most advanced diagnostic tools and treatment methods available
- employ sound judgment, based upon proven scientific research
- perform surgery only when necessary
self skin check; courtesy of Leo Pharma